The campaign challenges governments, companies, and other stakeholders to make, sell, promote, or install super-efficient air conditioner or cooling solutions that are smart, climate-friendly, and affordable. The campaign seeks commitments, supporting actions, and endorsing statements from energy and related government agencies, public sector organizations, manufacturers, retailers, institutional buyers, and foundations.
- Make a commitment to research and develop next-generation super-efficient and low-global warming potential (GWP) air conditioning appliances and other cooling equipment and to rapidly make them available worldwide at affordable prices.
- Commit to installing high efficiency, smart, and climate friendly cooling equipment.
- Join governments implementing policies to stimulate demand through energy efficiency labeling and promotion efforts, procurement and energy efficiency challenges and prizes, or other market transformation programs.
- Set the course for the future by investing in research for breakthrough cooling solutions and participating in an AC Prize design competition.
- Contribute to the development of a global advanced cooling database that contains financial and technical data from the world’s fastest-growing markets and top-performing models.
- Create a “buyer’s club” to demonstrate market demand for super-efficient, low-GWP cooling equipment.
- Support capacity-building to generate the policies to transform air conditioning markets in one or more regions.
The AC Challenge builds from work taking place in the CEM’s Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD) initiative.
Learn more about the Advanced Cooling Challenge